Monster Cable International Limited is a company registered in Ireland, which is part of the Monster Inc. group of companies (collectively referred to as "Monster", "we" or "us" in this policy).
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Monster, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. Whenever you provide personal information, we are legally obliged to use it in line with all applicable laws concerning its protection, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (referred to collectively in this Privacy and Cookies Policy as the "data protection regulations”). Monster is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
• any Monster website that links to this Privacy and Cookies Policy;
• social media or official Monster content on other websites;
• mobile device and Applications (“Apps”);
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains:
• How we use your data
o Marketing Communications
o Sharing Data with third parties
• What personal data do we collect
• Your rights
• Our contact details
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Monster (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
• to provide goods and services to you;
• to make a tailored website available to you;
• to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
• to verify your identity;
• for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
• with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
• for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
• to enable Monster to manage customer service interactions with you; and
• where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Monster uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you emails or targeted web banners to update you on the latest Monster offers, product launches and partnerships.
Monster aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
• Changing marketing preferences via your Monster account; (NEED TO INCLUDE THIS OPTION ON ACCOUNT SETTINGS)
• Making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails; and/or
• Contacting Monster via the contact channels set out in this Policy
What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
• Monster, or on behalf of Monster, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website;
• third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
• third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of Monster
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
2. For Monster to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
3. To enable Monster to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
4. To enable Monster to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: -
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you may be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers:
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
Monster only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Monster and to you, and for no other purposes.
When someone visits www.monsterstore.com / www.monsterproducts.eu we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Other third parties:
Aside from our service providers, Monster will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
• our carefully selected partners who provide ‘Monster’ products and services (for example stadium partners), if we have your consent to do so;
• credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
• governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
• to comply with our legal obligations;
• to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
• for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
• for the protection of our employees and customers
International transfers (EEA)
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for Monster to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Monster may collect the following information about you:
• your name, age/date of birth and gender;
• your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
• purchases and orders made by you;
• your on-line browsing activities on Monster websites;
• your password(s);
• when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
• your communication and marketing preferences;
• your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
• your location;
• your correspondence and communications with Monster; and
• other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity (see Cookies, Google Analytics and Mailing Lists above). We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we delete your data please refer to Your Rights section in the policy and the process/info required.
You have the following rights:
• The right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
• The right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
• The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
• The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
• The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
• The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, the process is outlined below.
• put your request in writing;
• include proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
• specify the right you want to exercise, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
• Send to the contacts outlined in our contacts section
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us:
USA / CANADA
Electronically please complete the online contact form at https://www.monsterstore.com/pages/contact-us or you can write to us at Monster Inc. 601 Gateway Blvd. Suite 900, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Electronically please complete the online contact form at https://www.monsterproducts.eu/contact,
Or send an email to [email protected] or you can write to us at Monster Cable International Ltd, Mill Road House, Mill Road, Ennis, County Clare, V95FH5N, Ireland.